Marvel Movies is releasing a new animated feature titled Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United on December 3rd. As an added incentive, the Blu-Ray combo pack will come with an exclusive Iron Man Minimate.
courtesy of Marvelous News
According to Marvelous News, there’s also an exclusive Hulkbuster Iron Man & Hulk in Iron Man armor 2-pack coming to more.marvel.com.
courtesy of Marvelous News
Diamond Select Toys will be offering
20% off all in-stock items 10% of all in-stock items, with select items at 20% off at their web store over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Naturally, this includes Minimates.
Check out their website for all the details and for promo codes.
Edit: Thanks for the correction, Zach.
The latest from our friend Luke:
Black Friday Minimate Deals at Luke’s Toy Store
We are planning our biggest sale ever at Luke’s Toy Store, with the vast majority of our inventory getting big markdowns! You can see our Black Friday ad below, but these are only a fraction of the items that will be on clearance. The sale will run from 12:01 AM CST on Friday, November 29th to midnight on Monday, December 2nd. We hope to see you there!
Minimates galore! Here’s the latest from the DST Q&A.
- Sounds like no plans for 80s Avengers.
- No plans for Seinfeld, Quantum Leap, Mortal Kombat, Batman 1966 TV series, Dick Tracy 1990 movie, The Rocketeer comic book and movie, Death Race 2000, Disney’s Herbie the Love Bug, or Army of Darkness, although one was looked at.
- No plans for more Tomb Raider
- No plans for Breaking Bad
- Serpent Squad has never been discussed
- Star Trek did okay, but no current plans for another set.
- The Walking Dead zombies are specifically from the comic, so a poll would have to be similar to the Marvel one, with choices
- Two-packs are never re-released
- No plans for Kick-Ass, though it has been discussed.
- No plans for Walking Dead vehicles
- Inhumans have been considered.
- Specific release dates for TRU Marvel 17 will be released at some point.
- No plans for any more Thor than has been announced.
- No plans for anything larger than 2 inches
- No plans for a BAF
- A bag of stands is $5.00 on DST’s website
- Also sold at trade shows they attend.
- No plans for more Resident Evil
Here’s a link: http://www.artasylum.com/2013/10/ask-dst-228-more-minimates-more-questions/
…And here they are. Only the top three, though I did receive a number of submissions on the last day. Another contest will be posted hopefully within the week, so get ready. I did not post the names of the people who submitted, though feel free to take credit in the comments. These are in no particular order, by the way.
“shh! the show’s about to start”
Thanks to everyone who submitted, and look for another contest coming soon.
First, I’d like to thank everyone who has submitted a picture with a caption as of now, although the number of people who have submitted has been lower than I would prefer. Still, you have through tomorrow for your submissions. If there are not enough, I might limit it to the top 3. This is, however, not the purpose of this post…
Everyone has one or two ideas for minimate box sets, ranging from the “Why haven’t they made that yet?” to the “If only.” Today I’ll be focusing on the latter category . I’ll give my top three ideal box sets, in no particular order. My current favorite Marvel character is Iceman, owing to mediocre writing for Fantomex lately. This spawns, obviously, a wish for a “Through the Ages” Box set. This set would, at least for me, include:
-AOA Iceman, with parts for both the classic and sinister look
-”Unleashed” Iceman, a la the Venom with interior Bobby Drake
-Battle of the Atom Future Iceman
-Snowy Iceman with lots of, well, snow
This line-up would be a perfect box set for me especially with the Bobby Drake. Again though, these are ideal situations, and with that comes my next pick…
“…and the X-Men” Box set. Featuring:
-Quentin Quire with psychic effects
-Broo with rabid and normal heads/bodies
-Doop with… um… Doop things?
-Toad, complete with janitor equipment
Again, an ideal box set, but one that will probably never come to fruition without Doop being replaced by Teacher Logan (Oddly enough, not a complaint). And finally, my final perfect box set is:
-Ghost, with some alternate phased parts, i.e. Invisible Woman
-Nuke, or Scourge, or course with alternate mask/heads
-Ant Man (Eric O’ Grady), with a small version and alternate hair
-Black Widow, with alternate headpiece for non masked version
So, there are my top 3 box sets. What are yours? Sound off in the comments below, and submit a caption for the contest if you feel like it.
I figured I would try something new this week. Take a picture of a minimate (Doesn’t matter which one), add a caption, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will sort through however many I receive and then post what I believe to be the top 5. If there is a good response to this, I can put more contests up in the future.
1. Please keep it appropriate. I really don’t want any kids getting a wrong message…
2. Keep it to one frame and a caption.
3. Email it with the subject line “Caption.” If that is not the subject line, I will not look at it.
4. Send it in by the 23 of October. A week is fairly short, but I think it is fine for only one panel of content.
5. Keep it to one submission to a person.
Beyond that, you are free to use anything you want in the pictures, including other toy lines, but the main focus should be a minimate. If there are any questions, shout out in the comments. If you want to see more contests like this, please either tell me in the comments or in the email with a submission.
Toy News International has posted a video of an interview with Zach Oat about some of the things coming from DST in the future.
Also posted is their gallery from the floor of NYCC, including what may be our first look at the Aliens Minimates.
The latest Q&A is up, answering more questions about all things Minimate. Below are the highlights.
As a bonus, I’ve also listed the highlights to the last Minimate Q&A that I completely overlooked. Sorry about that.
Ask DST #220:
- Still no plans for more DC.
- The Death of Jean DeWolff series was fun for DST to work on, though sales weren’t quite what they’d prefer. Still, it seemed to do well enough that they’d like to try that type of themed series again.
- X-Men characters are always under consideration, so always a chance for another Gambit.
- Aliens aren’t quite ready for their debut yet, but more news is coming. Good chance for Hicks and Hudson.
- No plans for Marvel Mangaverse.
- No plans for Harry Potter.
- No plans for Magik or Namor.
- No plans for Sage/Tessa, Cassandra Nova, Cecelia Reyes, Danger, Pixie, Armor, or the Stepford Cuckoos.
- No plans for pop culture/musicians.
- No plans for unreleased skeleton from Calico Jack. Maybe if the Calico Jack line can be relaunched somehow.
- Future Skybound plans on hold until sales for Thief of Thieves and Invincible come in.
- No plans for Tick, Astro City, or TMNT.
- No plans for Beast, but with a new X-Men movie coming, there’s always a chance it will influence the line plan.
- A Spider-Man web blast accessory sounds like a good idea.
- 2014 has not been completely planned out yet. Always a chance for X-Men.
- Always a chance for Kaine, less so for Harry Osborn, even less so for the most recent Doc Ock.
- Marvel Zombies are restricted to just villains.
- No plans for more American McGee figures.
- Maybe more Marvel NOW! in 2014.
- No plans for Walking Dead TV figures.
- TRU passed on Thor movie Minimates. Not a very big chance of a box set rounding out the line up.
- Always a chance for more Iron Man armors.
- No plans to return to Target shelves, but DST is always trying and hopeful.
- DST has looked into Mad Max, but have been unable to work out a deal.
- No plans for Power Rangers, though it would be pretty cool.
Ask DST #224:
- No plans for Power Rangers (still).
- Waiting on performance of Star Trek before moving forward. Any future plan would likely be a mix of the various licenses.
- No plans for Simpsons.
- None of the figures that didn’t make the cut for Marvel series 50 are scheduled to be released, but there’s always the chance they’ll slip into future assortments.
- Chance for more Marvel Zombies.
- No plans for Spider-Girl (Anya).
- Too early to announce Marvel movie plans.
- No plans for Chamber or Sunspot.
- Always looking at ways to improve the joints of Minimates.
- A Carnage box set would be a cool idea.
- No plans for Blade Runner, as it is impossible to determine who has the merchandising rights.
- No plans for Tigra.
- Pathfinder is still in development.
- Talks of releasing old army builders, but nothing planned.
- Younger collectors weren’t really considered when designing the collector’s case. A more sturdy design would be less cost effective but may not be a bad direction moving forward.
- Chance for Banshee. Not so much for Mojo, Spiral, or Proteus.
- Minimate ships for Aliens could be possible.
- No plans for Shonen Jump, Mega Man, or DBZ.
- A mini Wasp would be cool, but difficult to design (Editor’s note: Couldn’t they do something similar to the mini Silver Surfer that came with Galactus?)
- No full set of Tarot planned, but could be possible.
- Invincible and Thief of Thieves licensed through Skybound, so they won’t necessarily springboard into other Image properties.
- No plans for Expendables 3. Too difficult to secure the image rights of the various actors. (Ed. note: I didn’t think likeness rights were really an issue with Minimates. Maybe the likeness rights make it too difficult to make standard figures, etc, that help offset licensing costs, making it too expensive for just Minimates?)
- Desperado not included in Miramax license.
- No plans for classic Falcon, but DST would love to do the costume at some point.
- No plans for Ghost Busters, but then again, they’ve said that before.
- No plans for Blues Brothers.
- No plans for RWBY.
- Sin City is based on the movie, not the comic.
- No plans, ever, for a topless Minimate.
- Resident Evil has been considered, but just hasn’t happened yet.
- X-Men always under consideration.
- Chance for a Wrecking Crew box set, but they could just as easily show up in a standard assortment.
- No plans for a Cable: Blood & Metal box set, though a new Cable would be possible.
- Minimates are set to remain on the fixed 2″ scale, though part usage may change that slightly.
- Timing is off to do a Thor comic-based line in time for the movie, but since his popularity has risen after three movies, he’s higher on the to-do list for normal line plans.
- Numerous factors determine whether a release is delayed, some outside of DST’s control. Obviously, they don’t want to ever push back a release date.
- No plans for Squadron Supreme.
- Maybe 2015 for Superior Foes of Spider-Man.
- Never considered a Classic Avengers line before.
- No plans for New Warriors box set.
- Just because a character doesn’t win a poll doesn’t mean it won’t ever be made.
- DST would love to do playsets, but can’t ever seem to generate enough support. They may try again in the future.
- The MAX statues were a pretty clever work around for the limitations of the Marvel license, but sales weren’t great. With the loss of the resin license, future attempts at a similar work around may not be feasible.
- DST toyed with the idea of making a web based store club, but have gotten away from that idea now.
A new line of action accessories has been unveiled at Luke’s Toy Store! Each item is manufactured on Luke’s Form 1 3D printer in stunning detail. These accessories are all compatible with Minimates, and allow you to recreate your favorite action scenes. This first release includes a shield throwing accessory, hammer throwing accessory, hammer catching accessory, ice blast, and force spheres. Each item is available individually for $6.99, or as a set of 5 for $28.99. These exclusive accessories are in stock now at Luke’s Toy Store here: http://lukestoystore…ed-accessories/